Good lighting design is fundamental to the success of any building.
Good lighting design can be described as getting the right amount of light in the right place at the right time. To do this it is essential to achieve a careful balance between illumination levels, visual contrast, positioning of fittings and suitability of controls.
CBG can offer a comprehensive service, from initial concept design sketches and visualisations through every step of the process to on-site commissioning and handover. We have in-depth experience in a broad cross section of applications from the greatest cathedrals to new build schools and colleges, scheduled ancient monuments, high-end private residences, commercial premises, transport interchanges and much more.
Our specialist lighting designers and electrical engineers know that good lighting should not necessarily mean high-budget systems and understand that it is often the smallest detail that makes the biggest difference. Our wider strengths in sustainability and energy management mean that we are fully aware of the impact of lighting on our environment, whether from unwanted light spill, energy consumption or the embodied carbon of an installation. Our rigorous design standards and years of technical expertise mean that we will strive to mitigate the negative impact whilst maximising the benefits of good lighting design to meet best practice.
Our team includes designers with backgrounds in technical and commercial design, theatre, exhibition and event lighting, interior design, and architecture graphic design as well as electrical engineering, sustainability and BIM. We deliver beautiful lighting that is engineered to last.
- Option Appraisals, Feasibility Studies, and Full Concept Design
- Interior and Exterior Schemes
- Masterplanning and Site-wide Strategies
- Lighting calculations, renders and photometrics
- Daylight Design
- Lighting Impact Assessments and Planning Advice
- TM65 Embodied Carbon assessments
- Design packages and support through all RIBA work stages
- Bespoke luminaire design
- Emergency and Escape Lighting
- Lighting Controls Witnessing and Commissioning
- BIM Lighting Design and Scheduling