We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Sustainability and Energy Engineer to join our Oxford office.
Duties will include undertaking survey work and the production of feasibility reports, full design and specification for a wide range of sustainability systems in buildings in a number of different sectors including healthcare, education, private and public housing, commercial and retail.
Initially the role will be under the guidance of a Principal Engineer, however as you develop, you will increasingly be responsible for visiting a wide variety of sites to undertake feasibility surveys, attend site progress meetings and review installations. Working closely with other team members, you will see projects through from inception to completion and handover.
Skills and Qualities
You will have experience of using IES, preparing energy reports, LZC assessments and planning statements, SAP calculations, overheating to CIBSE TM52/59 and daylight modelling.
In order to be successful, you should be able to demonstrate that you have:
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience of building services design
- Experience in preparing daylight and sun light studies for planning will be an advantage
- You will be an excellent communicator with good organisation skills as you will be working both independently and within the current experienced team
- Ideally you will hold the Level 5 energy assessor or be working toward this qualification
- An appreciation of Passivhaus would be ideal but not essential as we have our own in-house assessors and training will be given
- Be a competent MS Word and Excel user
- An accurate, methodical approach to your work
We are a recognised Investor in People, and we encourage all our engineers to progress at the right pace to continue their development.
The company offers 25 days paid holiday, pension, healthcare, six monthly appraisals and attractive staff bonus scheme.
Salary – Competitive, negotiable on experience
In order to apply we would ask you to send an application form, covering email/letter and C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note that CBG Consultants Ltd is not licensed with the UK Borders Agency for sponsoring candidates outside of the EU. Applicants for any of our vacancies, would need to have indefinite permits/visa etc to live and work in the U.K. before applying.
CBG Consultants are an Equal Opportunities EmployerBack to Job Listings