We are CBG Consultants, we Invest in People.
We are a practice of building services consultants, covering a wide range of mechanical and electrical engineering solutions including sustainability, building physics, and Passivhaus. Our award-winning projects cover all sectors across the industry including rail. In 2023, the lighting design company Light Perceptions joined CBG Consultants to be able to offer a more extensive service to our clients.
We recognise that CBG Consultants wouldn’t be where it is today without the ideas and energy of our staff. Since 2008, we have maintained the Investors in People accreditation to show our commitment to developing our talented employees so that they can reach their full potential.
As part of the successful integration of the Light Perceptions team into CBG as CBG Light Perceptions we are seeking to appoint an experienced Principal Lighting Designer to play an important part in the planned growth of this well-established team and the company.
The candidate will have experience of leading a strong team, managing resources efficiently, meeting deadlines across multiple projects, and have a proven track record of delivering substantial technical lighting projects at senior level.
They will be confident attending face to face, and remote meetings with clients, architects, engineers and contractors on projects across the UK and occasionally overseas.
As a designer they will have well rounded experience across all sectors although experience in heritage buildings would be a distinct advantage.
What will you do?
You will be working closely with other team members seeing projects through from inception to completion and handover.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Leading project surveys
- Producing feasibility study and concept design reports
- Producing project design documentation and specifications
- On-site inspection and contract administration
- Witnessing and overseeing the commissioning of completed schemes
- Managing client handover meetings
What we are looking for.
- A minimum of ten years experience in a professional lighting design role
- A knowledge if historic buildings work and common practices
- Track record of working with clients, architects, surveyors, contractors and other stakeholders
- Delivery of small and medium projects semi autonomously, with limited supervision
- Up to date knowledge of SLL Guidelines and common lighting standards
- A collaborative and inquisitive approach, with enthusiasm for new ideas, good initiative, and excellent communication skills
- Thorough technical knowledge of lighting design software, Microsoft office and AutoCad
- Driving license and vehicle is strongly beneficial due to the remote locations of many project sites
- Knowledge/use of Revit software is an advantage
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Career growth & development – we enjoy promoting from within!
- Unrivalled perks (but not limited to):
- Paid for social events such as summer parties, Christmas parties, team lunches, and activity days
- Private healthcare
- Bonusly reward scheme, a platform offering company-paid gift vouchers from top leading brands of your choice
We are an equal opportunities employer and always looking to enhance diversity within the company.
For more information about this role or to apply please send a cover letter/email and CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to Job Listings