We are CBG Consultants, we Invest in People.
CBG are an ambitious Sustainable Building Services and Lighting Design Consultancy operating in Oxford, London, Cambridge and Manchester, covering a wide range of mechanical and electrical engineering solutions including sustainability, building physics, and Passivhaus. Our award-winning projects cover all sectors across the industry including cultural, historic, education, healthcare, and rail.
CBG Consultants wouldn’t be where we are today without the ideas and energy of our staff. Since 2008, we have maintained the Investors in People accreditation to show our commitment to developing our talented staff so that they can reach their full potential.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Bids Manager. This is a hands-on role based at our Oxford office.
Reporting to our senior management team, you will be working with colleagues across the business in this exciting opportunity to deliver our bidding capability along with general admin duties supporting the business support team. The role is flexible, and after the initial office-based probation period, we have hybrid working currently in place – you will need to be able to access the Oxford Office for key face to face meetings – usually 2-3 days per week.
It is an interesting and varied role in which there is plenty of opportunity to grow, learn and make your mark working within a supportive and professional team who support all employees to achieve the business objectives.
Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, willing to learn new tasks and have a keen eye for detail. You will be qualified to a minimum of GCSE level with a good working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe, Photoshop and InDesign.
What will you do?
You will work closely with the management team in providing Bids and Tenders support to the Company across all offices.
- Identify opportunities from bid portals and our senior team’s leads
- Plan and manage the bid process from enquiry to submission
- Analysing tender documents & planning bid preparation
- Develop efficient procedures, including bid tools, methodologies, templates, CV’s, data sheets.
- Communicate and manage the bid to ensure all deliverables are met on time including FAQ stages to final collation and timely submission.
- Ensure our most applicable skills and project experience is put forward to maximise the chances of success.
- Ensure all tender documents are peer read and signed off by the Director / bid lead.
- Help identify and review opportunities and lead bid / no bid decision meetings with the Directors and other members of the bidding team
- Develop our bid project plan to deliver maximum value and lead our bid from enquiry to delivery
- Review bid feedback and identify areas needed to improve our bids.
- Collect bid analysis, client feedback and report monthly to our management team
- Assist in the development of promotional material, media updates and event planning
- Regularly update the CBG website and social media
- General admin duties, supporting the business support team
What we are looking for:
- GCSE level or equivalent
- Software experience of MS Office, Adobe, In-design
- Experience of bidding within consultancy or professional environment in a lead or support role
- Self-driven and keen to win with us
- Good communicator, with an outgoing nature to engage with the team. Strong English reading and writing skills
- Conscientious by nature, thorough, and always keen to deliver the best quality
- Creative to bring new ideas and presentations to the table
- Plan and meet deadlines including collating information from the team
- Understand the requirements of the client to optimise our approach to a project. Go the extra mile.
- Join one of our in-house development teams e.g., Investors in People to help drive other parts of our business forward
- A relevant professional qualification is desirable but not essential, as a transferable skillset may open this opportunity to a keen person.
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays
- Career growth & development – we enjoy promoting from within!
- Excellent perks (but not limited to):
- Paid for social events such as summer parties, Christmas parties, team lunches, and activity days
- Private healthcare
- Bonusly reward scheme, Perks at work, platforms offering gift vouchers from top leading brands of your choice
- Additional holiday purchase
- Bike to work scheme
- Salary – £28,000 – £30,000
We are an equal opportunities employer and always looking to enhance diversity within the company.
For more information and to apply for this role, please submit a CV and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Job Listings
Job DescriptionDownload Job Description